Zammad supports Twitter integration, meaning you can send and receive tweets and DMs just like emails!
To set it up, follow the steps below:
Apply for a Twitter Developer account.
Create a new Twitter app for Zammad.
Set your new app’s permissions to Read, write, and access direct messages.
Generate a new access token & secret.
Set up a dev environment for the Account Activity API.
Add your new Twitter app in Zammad.
Add your Twitter account in Zammad.
Configure filters for creating new tickets based on #tags and @mentions.
Read on for details about each step.
1. Apply for a Twitter Developer account¶
During the application process, you will be asked to Describe in your own words what you are building. You may use the answer below:
1. To manage customer service communications for our organization. 2. No. 3. Our use case involves posting original tweets in response to tweets and DMs we receive. We will not use the Twitter API to post or like “content”. 4. Our application will display individual tweets in their original form to authorized customer service agents of our organization only.
2. Create a new Twitter app for Zammad¶
Once you have finished setting up your Developer account, use it to create a new Twitter app. The following fields are required:
- App name
Must be unique across all of Twitter. No other developer account may create an app with the same name.
- Application description
Anything is fine here.
- Website URL
The URL of your Zammad instance.
- Callback URLs
This URL is also visible in the Connect Twitter App dialog of your Zammad admin settings panel.
- Tell us how this app will be used
Anything is fine here. We suggest the following:
This app will be used to manage Twitter communications between our customers and our organization’s customer service agents on Zammad.
3. Set your new app’s permissions¶
4. Generate a new access token & secret¶
5. Set up a dev environment¶
After creating your app, set up a dev environment for the Account Activity API.
6. Add your new Twitter app in Zammad¶
7. Add your Twitter account in Zammad¶
8. Configure filters¶
That’s it! Now, incoming tweets and DMs will be automatically turned into Zammad tickets.