All of the system’s latest S/MIME activity is displayed in the Recent Logs section.
- I received a signed/encrypted email before I set up S/MIME integration
No problem. Once S/MIME has been enabled and the appropriate certificates have been added, agents will be prompted to retry verification/decryption on matching emails.
- The 🔒 Encrypt button is disabled
Have you added the recipient’s certificate?
Are you sure the recipient’s certificate is valid?
Have you checked your
production.logfor more details?
- The ✅ Sign button is disabled
Have you added both the certificate and private key for your organization?
Does the email address on the certificate match the email address of the agent/group composing the email?
- Error: “Fingerprint already taken”
Are you sure you haven’t added this certificate already?
- Error: “❌ invalid byte sequence in UTF-8”
Please ensure to provide PEM formatted certificate and keys.
Did you check if the provided file is a valid certificate or key?